Most of life’s costlier expenses have us looking into financing options from buying a home, sending our children to college, applying for student loans and buying a new car. As you know, insurance’s doesn’t typically pitch in to help to cover any of the cost, including your laser eye surgery expenses.
We have listed a few options that you can potentially use to pay for your laser vision correction surgery at Keith Liang, M.D at Center for Sight which is a lifetime investment for one of our main senses, our eyes.
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) A flexible spending account may be part of your benefits package offered through your employer. This plan allows you use pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses for you, your spouse, and your eligible dependents not covered by regular health insurance. Here’s how an FSA works. Money is set aside from your paycheck before taxes are taken out. You can then use your pre-tax FSA dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses throughout the plan year. You save money on expenses you’re already paying for, like doctors’ office visits, prescription drugs, Cataract and Lasik surgery. After the surgery, we can provide you with an itemized statement where you can submit to your Human Resource Department for reimbursement.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) A Health Savings Account is a handy way to save for medical expenses and reduce your taxable income. Each year, you decide how much to contribute to your HSA account with your Employer. If you have an HSA through your workplace, you can set up easy automatic contributions directly from payroll. You will receive a debit card or checks linked to your HSA account, and you can use the funds on eligible medical expenses. This includes deductibles, co-pays and co-insurance, plus other qualified medical expenses not covered by your plan such as Cataract and Lasik.
- Tax Refund(s) The best way to invest in your vision would be using your federal and state tax refund where you don’t have to dig in your pocket or other accounts for Laser Vision Correction. This is a lifelong investment so why not use your tax refund that could partially or fully fund your Lasik cost!
- Wells Fargo Health Advantage Credit Card This financing program is offered through our office. We can offer 6, 12 or 18 months same-as-cash. If you pay the balance off within the months selected upon approval, you will not incur any finance charge. You can finance the entire surgery and make regular monthly payments to Wells Fargo based on the credit term selected. If you do not pay the balance within the selected term, you will be penalized with a late fee and accrue interest. You can use this Wells Fargo Health card at any other medical practice that accepts it. Inquire within.
- Alphaeon Credit ALPHAEON CREDIT card is also offered through our office. With this option, you’ll find a wide array of monthly payment options to help you be your best you. No Interest if Paid in Full within 6, 12, 18, or 24 Months. You may find using an ALPHAEON CREDIT card is a better way to pay for your medical expenses such as Cataract or Lasik surgery. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the purchase balance is not paid in full within the period you select or if you make a late payment. Inquire within.